Tuesday, May 02, 2006

LOST Predictions

I love LOST. I mean I think it is just absolutely addicting and my hat is off to the writers and producers. I have never seen a story so unpredictable and tantalizing. Every episode leaves you thinking WTF!?

Tonight we will resume new episodes of LOST as we head to the finale of this season. Since I have managed to peg a few things in the past that have turned out to be true I thought I would write this down for posterity before the new shows air.

O.k. let's see how wrong I cna be. Here are MY predictions for LOST:

Sawyer: Sleeps with Ana-Lucia (o.k. that's not really a prediction, it's insider information).
Gives up the guns to Jack and the other losties which leads to:

Michael: Is going to lead the Losties into a trap. This is a way to remove the guns from the story line. The Others will take the guns. And this leads to:

Deaths: 2 people will die. My thinking is it will be Ana and Michael.
Ana is too strong of a character. She's a cop. She can use a gun. She has killed 2 people already. The story needs to remove Ana to prevent the losties from becoming too organized and actually forming "an army"
Poor Michael may be removed just to wrap up the Mike wants to get Walt back story arc. I don't think the show is ready to give up the secrets of Walt and even if they do, they won't put Walt back into the hands of the heroes. PS - Mike may be the one that shoots Ana Lucia (or Ana may be the one who shoots Mike for that matter, him being a "traitor" hmmm)

Other random thoughts:

Locke: hmmm... I think John's condition is psychosomatic and that he can walk. Not saying the island isn't special, just that Locke's condition might not be physical.

Libby: She's a compulsive liar. She never skied in Aspen. She's not a clinical psychologist. Though I do think she honestly has a thing for Hurley. Speaking of Hurley...

Hurley: I don't think the numbers are cursed. I think Hurley's good luck/bad luck is his special gift (more about this later). Like an entropic field that protects Hurley, but causes bad luck to the folks around him (like I dunno... a plane crash)

The Others: They may not be the bad guys they appear to be. I know they are a little off and they have seemingly done some "evil" things, but they might have a reason they feel is necessary for the greater good (sic).
I also think they are trapped on the island as well. I think thye have a small town or fort on the island. I don't think it will necessarily be another hatch.

The food drop: I don't think this actually came from the air. I know, I know it had a parachute and flashing light, but I think there is more to the island then what we see above ground.

The "Monster": Like a lot of people I'm going to jump on the nanite band wagon and say there isn't much else technologically speaking it could be. Of course it could be a supernatural phenomena... maybe even a living creature.
I think that if it is indeed a security system (implying technology) then it's composed of more than one "part" and the smoke we see is a recon/sensor mechanism and the larger bulk is subterranean like a subway train.

The Sickness: The mysterious illness is a mental disease not a physical one.

As for the big picture I am still as LOST as everyone else. Maybe the finale will close a lot of doors and give us a glimpse at the bigger picture of the what and why of this show.

3 comments:

DirtyUnicorn said...

Man I'm good! Didn't see Libby getting shot. That kind of sucks. I guess the moral of the story is don't get a DUI.

DirtyUnicorn said...

Well things didn't work out exactly as I thought they would, but there's still some time ;)

Mike is following orders because he wants Walt back and he will do anything to get his son back.

The Others aren't the evil we think they are, but they're not all that great either. It's sort of like when scientists conduct experiments "for the greater good of mankind". Whatever their reasons the Others think that they must do what they are doing.

The Libby thing was pretty crappy. They could have let her run out a few more epsiodes before getting rid of the actress :(

Fear not Libby will be seen again in a Desmond flashback next... oh did I... Wait I've already said to much! You don't know what HE will do to me if he finds out...

DirtyUnicorn said...

I had another big post ready to go, but (sheepish grin) my stupid DVR decided not to tape LOST last night so I only got the last 12 minutes (and what a 12 minutes they were!)

I want to itunes the whole episode before I post in case I missed anything that outright proves or disproves my working theories. ;)