Monday, October 24, 2005

Missed me by thissss much :P

Well Hurricane Wilma landed well south of us, but she still pounded the heck out of my neighborhood with heavy winds. We live in a mobile (one constructed back in 1959 to boot) so it was a bit harrowing. Fortunately we escaped without damage (again). My new years resolution is to get the heck out of here and into a block home. My in-laws were kind enough to let us use this place to save money, but it's time to move on.

Despite the hurricane I have made some decent progress on my latest project. Not as much as I would have liked, but much more than I expected. All misc images, land vehicles and helicopters are done. Just have airplanes, infantry, and some terrains to do. This project has taught me some valuable lessons about time management and estimating. It has taken more than 3 times longer than expected. Of course this is due largely to my inability to make cuts where needed and to keep piling work onto myself. The current project is at a staggering 198 images with another estimated 140-150 images to complete. Nobody can say I don't provide a good value to my customers!

In related news my external hard drive case arrived. It's not much to look at, but it seems to be working nifty and it puts my backup drive back into commission which is a relief. I am still worried that the drive may have physical problems or sector errors so I need to dig out some diagnostic software (or find some online) and put my mind at piece. Until I do I am not using it as my primary backup. I may grab another case as an early Christmas gift to myself and double up on redundancy which would definitely put my mind at ease (God I'm such a packrat!)

Oh and saw the doctor again. She was quite perturbed that I had not gotten my blood tests done yet. What can I say I've been busy and I hate needles. I do need to get it done though in the next 2 weeks. She upped my prescription to Advair 250mg. I gotta say it's good stuff for people who are suffering from any kind of asthma type malady.

Well that's it for now...
until Halloween! Muwahahaha!!!!

2 comments:

DirtyUnicorn said...

Gosh please do link me! It would be an honor (blush)

Maybe if I have visitors I'll actually post something interesting and not just b*tch 'bout my job and computer all the time hehehe!

DirtyUnicorn said...

Still alive! Too busy to blog lately (Heaven forbid!?!) which is both good and bad I suppose ;)