Monday, October 10, 2005

Out to Sea...

Not sure what they call the effect, but I remember reading about how the tide can pull a swimmer out to sea even though they think they are swimming closer to the shore. Each cresting wave actually pulls the person further away as they struggle to swim closer.

That's how my life feels right now. No matter how much I get done I turn around and there's twice as much more to do... at work and at home. It's just not all coming together as I hoped.

In a few days it will be a full month since I started working on my next project which I thought would take two weeks. Right now I'm at maybe 50% even after banging away all weekend. I'll try working hard this week as well and hopefully I can tip the scales in my favor. Two weeks ago I jokingly told Preston on the phone "I should have it done this week, which means more like three weeks". Sadly I couldn't have been closer to the truth. The part that gets under my craw is how I mismanaged my time. I *should* have focused on a nice Halloween themed Flatlands set last month to go with the holiday instead of spinning my wheels. I can picture a sheet of classic horror monsters - ghosts, frankensteins, mummies, werewolves, skeletons... *sigh* Ah well there's always next year. Instead I'm working on tanks and helicopters. Feels a bit unseasonal heh ;)

At this rate I may end up strapping AIM-9D's and afterburners on a certain stealth black painted sleigh cause if I don't get the lead out that's when my project will finally be completed!?!

1 comment:

DirtyUnicorn said...

I'm still pluging away. Have learned valuable lessons about how long this stuff really takes to do. Will no longer hand out crazy estimates on time!!!

It would all go much faster if this was my job and not my hobby, but we both know the bittersweet pain of that daydream *sigh*