Monday, November 06, 2006

POP Goes The... Cyst???

I have this thing on my wrist. The doctors call it a ganglion cyst. It's like a hard round bump. Kind of like a have a bone out of place, but it's not really a bone. Apparently I got from years of cramping my hand around a mouse. It's my "tennis elbow" if you will.

pic shamelessly lifted from Wikipedia


After reading about Simple American's misadventures with a baker's cyst I resolved to not mess with mine. The doc had told me quite seriously that if it bothered me to bang it with a book or against a wall and it would break (unfortunately that high tech solution won't last long as the cyst will reform)

For some reason the cyst has gone drastically down. I don't think I bumped it, but maybe I did accidently. Right now it's just a small hard hump barely visible under the skin. Maybe it is clearing up on it's own... or maybe it will come back as the docs said it would.


Well if it does leave I won't miss mr. protrusion very much ;)
People with random bumps... weird. :P

No comments: