Thursday, June 15, 2006

Credit where it's due

Still not a proper post, but at least I *AM* posting so that's an improvement :P

I have been pretty down on Val Kilmer lately. His roles in movies are strange to say the least. Heck the last good Val Kilmer movie I saw and liked him in was Top Secret so that should tell you something (and no I didn't like him in Batman).

Last night we watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and it was really funny and entertaining. I thought Mr. Kilmer did a great job as a gay P.I. The movie was a quirky comedy/murder mystery. I guess you would call it a "dark comedy" although I usually hate those. Not quite film noir, but definately inspired by that (lot of refrences in the movie to film noir as well). The movie also starred Robert Downey Jr. who did a remarkable job as well (though to be honest it wasn't a terribly difficult stretch for him). Fast paced plot, weird characters and even weirder events. Check it out if you get a chance.

Maybe Val should stick with comedy. :O

3 comments:

DirtyUnicorn said...

I tell you we are so jaded down here now. Alberto was barely a cat 1 when it landed so we didn't even close work for the day.

It hit north of us and really didn't do a whole lot to us (though the winds were pretty heavy and we did clean up the yard of anything that could get tossed around)

I just hope that was it. I know it won't be, but I'm so sick of storms that I'm actually wondering if going back up north and braving the cold wouldn't be worthwile...

Ed said...

Good to see I'm not the only one not posting regularly. BTW....Doesn't Florida get hit by like 1 of every 3 or so hurricanes.....

Texas has had like 3 in 25 years...

But we do have lots of tornadoes.

Ed

DirtyUnicorn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.