Friday, March 24, 2006

Best Worst Birthday Ever!

Day started out bad. Me already in a foul mood about turning 37.
Each year drags me kicking, screaming and clawing my way towards the venerable badge of "old fart". Had a misunderstanding (o.k., o.k. a fight) with the missus and got very little sleep (which REALLY makes me unbareable to be around). Work decided to start the day with poking fun at my age with lots of signs pasted about saying "37 yeah right!" and my desk and computers were COVERED in black balloons and confetti... I thought "oh boy this is going to be the worst birthday ever"

I couldn't have been more wrong. Everbody lifted my spirits with lots of laughs, some great gifts, a paid lunch and the boss even sent my to the movies with pay (wahoo!). Saw V for Vendetta and had a blast. Sometimes my job's not so bad heh.

When I got home the kids and missus had lots of cards and happy birthdays for me as well. Even my family, who is all up north, dropped me some e-cards.

So it all turned out real sweet. Now I jsut wonder if I can finagle a "happy unbirthday" as well haha ;)

No comments: